Currently reading:
fittings

Discuss fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
mainly end feed compression if water logged but not in sight were possible

gotta be endfeed. compression if can't solder in awkward spots or pipes wet,

pushfit if its nearly teatime ....shhhhh!:p:p

End feed mainly but what ever is suitable /passable for the job in hand.I find end feed looks the neatest.:)regards turnpin

End feed, compression if wet and yorkshire if I don't have a spare hand.

has any one has come across garden hose on a gas pipe (as part of )???????

Once on a job about 30 years ago. Boiler was in the back porch next to kitchen and gas pipe came in through the wall. Someone (think it was the guy) had put a compression T on and run a hose across the porch and clipped it around the kitchen skirting board with fencing staples to the cooker. Quality work:D

Endfeed mainly, but I use our full arsenal of weapons!!

I bought a pack of 10 'Yorshire' elbows today for £3 from Screwfix as they were on a special cheap deal. I'll save them for verticle joints where I don't want to see any runs down the pipe.

Its all there for us to use, why limit yourself to anything? Least favorite is compression oddly. They're always first to burst in cold weather, and when working on pipework down the line you can easily disturb a compression joint, and finally they're expensive. Still used two today on some water logged pipe as I didn't want to go down to the van to get the wet vac...and lets face it, comp joints are rated higher than anything. You can't use standard soldered joints on solar thermal!

What kind of cleaning solution should I use to clean the steel bathroom fittings like taps, hand showers etc.

i like to use silicone tape and keep wrapping till it stops leaking.

What kind of cleaning solution should I use to clean the steel bathroom fittings like taps, hand showers etc.

Are you sure they are actually stainless? Most items are chrome plated and you need to be careful what you use or they will soon get scratched?

One of my customers told me about a product called Lime Lite available from most supermarkets which I have tried and can actually say it does work.

normall use end feed fittings, and the odd compression. I always carry a few pushfit fittings for ease in certain situations.

Not a garden hose pipe, but from the gas meter to gas fire, gas hob and boiler Poly Pipe and push fit fittings to make matters worse "no inserts".

Bobb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock