Discuss Flared joint in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

coldwrench

I have a question on a flare joint fitting on my Vokera Mynute 20SE boiler. Maybe somebody can help???

The 8mm tubing connecting the expansion vessel to the manifold at the pump uses a flared copper joint. Does anyone know if this is a 45 degree or 37 degree flare?

The nut used to make the union of the flared tubing onto the flared nipple doesn't appear to be a flared nut (it has a straight back). Does anyone know what type of flare joint this might be?

For that one would think you are going to have to go to the manufactorers and it may take them a while to find out,what is the reason for the question is part damaged ?

Thanks for the reply Puddle. I'm trying to replace the expansion vessel with an external one. Apart from this flared joint, the easiest way to connect the new one would be to go onto the same nipple where the old one is connected.

Thanks for the reply Puddle. I'm trying to replace the expansion vessel with an external one. Apart from this flared joint, the easiest way to connect the new one would be to go onto the same nipple where the old one is connected.
usually extra vessels are just teed in to the heating circuit below boiler

usually extra vessels are just teed in to the heating circuit below boiler

If I tee in below the boiler what would be the best way to disable/disconnect the existing internal exp vessel? Reason why I ask is, I'm losing about 0.5bar water pressure over night. I believe I have a pinhole leak in the exp vessel diaphram as I have water spitting out the Schraeder valve when I test it for pressure. The exp vessel air pressure is ok, the water pressure does not hit 3bar when boiler is on, no water is exiting through the external PRV pipe, I've checked all rads for leaks.

So, I'm thinking if I don't disable the internal exp vessel after I connect in a new external one, I may be left with the water pressure loss problem.

Any ides?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flared joint in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back