Discuss flexi straight to iso valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

giarc00007

Gas Engineer
just purchased a new basin. It has monobloc taps. The problem is the flexis were supplied, and i fitted 15mm iso valves direct to the end of the flexis but im getting a bit of water coming through. Am i right in thinking you can connect directly to end of flexis with iso valves or do i need a coupling?

Umhhh, well, you can fit the flexi straight onto the valve, BUT the valve has a sharp edge (for the olive) and so it can cut into the rubber washer and leak, so dont overtighten the nut. A safer solution is to fit a short length of copper in the valve and then fit a 15mm to 1/2 inch male iron fitting to that. That will have a flat end which will be better with the rubber washer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to flexi straight to iso valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi folks I need to fit a kitchen monobloc tap temporarily. A new sink unit will be going in soon so this will just be a stop gap. The current...
Replies
Views
Hi all! I'm in the process of fitting a replacement undersink water heater in my shed and, as advised in the instructions (yes, I know, what am I...
Replies
Views
Hi I have always had a poor water delivery to my bathroom and en-suit basins. The cold is just about acceptable but the hot is pathetic coming...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am trying to fit a replacement tap to a mini-sink that's built in to the top of a toilet. The original tap isn't made any more by the...
Replies
Views
Purchased a Grohe Basin Tap with has 3/8" flexi tails., but i notice the flexi's have no internal washer. I have purchased 2 Compression 15mm x...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock