Currently reading:
flip-type plug in en-suite basin

Discuss flip-type plug in en-suite basin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

johnc1950

the rubber ring on my plug seems to have expanded and the chrome plug no longer seals.how would i go about replacing the o ring with a smaller one.

try removing cleaning and greasing it. i did that on one with a similar problem before and it worked. or at least until i got back to van.

What sort of waste do you have? Pop up, click/clack?

A pic will help us to visualise the problem and offer better guidance.

It's not a pop up so it must be a click /clack,it can rotate every which way but the o ring won't let it go flat and create a seal.do i just pull it up and replace the o ring with a smaller profile one?

doesn't sound like a click clack sounds like one of these 38260.jpg from toolstation.

i'm not sure but i think the part that holds the flip plug might unscrew from the bottom bit. i've only fitted a couple of them and cannot really remember.

Its just a really tight friction fit, should pull out with a bit of meat behind it. Could end up damaging the plug though if you use grips!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep thats the one i cant see how it comes out either might try a lever but can see it hitting the ceiling

Hello mates, I'm having the same issue. It's called a flip top plug basin. But I can't figure out how to remove it to repair it. I'm assuming the flipping disk doesn't come out. But what about the entire fixture?

easy enough to change the whole waste fitting for something else one of those home jobs that will get done one day

Hello mates, I'm having the same issue. It's called a flip top plug basin. But I can't figure out how to remove it to repair it. I'm assuming the flipping disk doesn't come out. But what about the entire fixture?

There will be a big nut underneath the sink. Disconnect the waste, then undo the nut with a pair of grips. The waste should then pull free.

Clean off all the old silicone and install the new waste, swear when it leaks, remove, redo and then grab a beer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to flip-type plug in en-suite basin in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back