Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Floor standing heat only in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, partners grandmother has an old Ideal Mexico, floor standing heat only boiler on a gravity fed system with a 2port valve, she wants a like for like swap im wondering if anyone has any recommendations what boiler would be best to replace it with, she doesnt want a combi just a like for like swap

Unfortunately you won’t get a like for like swap these days as there a lot smaller

When you say gravity system do you mean open vented (tank fed)?
If the system is fully pumped already she could go for 4 series Vaillant or some other regular boiler.

Yeh theres an FE tank in the loft, is the vaillant floor standing ?
No. I don't think you can get floor standing anymore for domestic.
I may be wrong but I haven't seen any in years.

Wall mounted Vaillant. Can be at low level though. There's a minimum clearance beneath so probably not too easy under worktop. Is it in kitchen under a worktop?

Well bless my soul, I just checked and there is a floor standing Mexico still. I haven't used other than Vaillant for over 16 years now in domestic properties so lost touch with what's out there a bit.

Reply to Floor standing heat only in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock