Discuss Floor standing heat only in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, partners grandmother has an old Ideal Mexico, floor standing heat only boiler on a gravity fed system with a 2port valve, she wants a like for like swap im wondering if anyone has any recommendations what boiler would be best to replace it with, she doesnt want a combi just a like for like swap

Unfortunately you won’t get a like for like swap these days as there a lot smaller

When you say gravity system do you mean open vented (tank fed)?
If the system is fully pumped already she could go for 4 series Vaillant or some other regular boiler.

Yeh theres an FE tank in the loft, is the vaillant floor standing ?
No. I don't think you can get floor standing anymore for domestic.
I may be wrong but I haven't seen any in years.

Wall mounted Vaillant. Can be at low level though. There's a minimum clearance beneath so probably not too easy under worktop. Is it in kitchen under a worktop?

Well bless my soul, I just checked and there is a floor standing Mexico still. I haven't used other than Vaillant for over 16 years now in domestic properties so lost touch with what's out there a bit.

Reply to Floor standing heat only in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a recommendation for a heat only boiler to replace my 30yrs old ideal boiler. Any makes you would recommend and any to avoid...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I...
Replies
Views
Hello I’m hoping for some perceptive / input as I’m a long-distance landlord trying to unpick the best thing to do. Gas safety certificate was...
Replies
Views
Back