Discuss Flow and return pipe sizes? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordyjordy111

Gas Engineer
Hi all

Had to move a magnaclean from above the boiler to the cylinder cupboard today (magna clean was 28mm reduced to 22mm right next to the boiler) and the primary flow returns was in 28 mm in the cylinder cupboard. the chap that i work for said that I would have to step the magna clean back up to 28mm as the primaries are 28mm and if reduced wouldn't work properly???? why would it not work as the tap ins to boiler where 22mm anyway????

asked my boss but as usual didn't divulge much...

any ideas cheers

How big was the system &/or the boiler ? Just because they have 22mm con's to the boiler does not mean the rest of the system can be 22mm. The resistance to the flow of water would be to great for most circulating pumps without the speed (velocity) of the water being to fast (more than 1M/s).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flow and return pipe sizes? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello folks I've moved into a property last month and started to note things that may need looking at. Some of the radiators on the ground floor...
Replies
Views
WB 4000 installed a few months back, just balanced the 7 rads - managed to get around 15 degrees delta across most rads. Not quite the 20 degrees...
Replies
Views
Hi, can anyone tell me which pipes are flow and return please. I removed old leaking 2008 C26 firebird oil boiler in June . We have now...
Replies
Views
Seems strange and I may be reading the MI wrong but i dont understand how the return pipe seems to be hotter than the flow. I have a Vailant...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock