Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Flu Error. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howsie

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
bcdc13e1-6eba-57d0.jpg

How do they get away with it?

An old combi apparently, one of my guys was there doing something outside.

I know, they should have used cast iron guterring and down pipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too close to the wall also I beleive. Should be at lease 300mm right?

looks to be 300mm away from the wall but obviously too close to the downcomer.. that downcomer is probably newer than the boiler, i wouldnt say its completly the boiler fitters fault..

on the good side at least to prv is facing down into the wall
personaly looks like the products could go into the window also

you could say the prv facing the wall is a bad thing as they're supposed to be fitted direct into a drain, not that anyone bothers

It's barely 150mm from the wall. I think the distance to the window wouldnt be a problem if it wasn't so close to the wall.

corgi book wet and dry thrid edition says the prv(safety valve) pg (112)
low level prv facing down
high level facing down into wall
i do agree would be better stright into drain
page.jpg

Too close to the wall also I beleive. Should be at lease 300mm right?

Some of them can be fitted as close as 25mm to adjacent walls/gutters/downpipes/eaves etc in accordance with MI's

Ive seen worse, vaillant alow 75mm way from an internal corner although only as a last resort.

Measured this evening. 120 from the wall. Less to the dowpipe. Logic tells me PC will enter the open window. Agree?

last place you want a blow out running is straight into a drain one of its functions is to let you know you have a problem

Some of them can be fitted as close as 25mm to adjacent walls/gutters/downpipes/eaves etc in accordance with MI's

That'll only be on condensing units as the exhaust gases run much cooler, you'll generally find a caveat stating that only one 'reduced' clearance is allowable. This has at least two.

Measured this evening. 120 from the wall. Less to the dowpipe. Logic tells me PC will enter the open window. Agree?

Probably won't get PoC in the window though, don't generally go down due to being warm. If it's OK on the clearances and looks like it from the photo then not an issue unless someones complaining of smells etc..

Last edited by a moderator:
That'll only be on condensing units as the exhaust gases run much cooler, you'll generally find a caveat stating that only one 'reduced' clearance is allowable. This has at least two.

Agreed. I was only referring to the "flu has to be minimum 300mm" quote directly above my comment.

Its really not that big a deal. Most boilers I visit have atleast one thing that is NCS, flues are quite a common one. Aslong as there are no signs of distress or reports of fumes entering through the window, dont worry about it.

Its really not that big a deal. Most boilers I visit have atleast one thing that is NCS, flues are quite a common one. Aslong as there are no signs of distress or reports of fumes entering through the window, dont worry about it.

I'd agree with this one too. Altho new boilers as Ultimate said run cooler so can be sited clooser. Always read the MI i guess to find out for 100% if its ok or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flu Error. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock