Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss flue liner in plasterboard boxing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecogas

Gas Engineer
Hi,

i went out to look at a job and found gas fire fitted with a flue liner which runs in 12" x 12 " plasterboard boxing, ive only ever fit fires to brick chimneys or pre cast flues/ balanced flues, Just need advice on regs to confirm the installation is ID, as the boxing would have a wood frame and the flue liner should be a certain distance away from combustible materials, Any aadvice on this would be appreciated,

Regards

Last edited:
Fairly sure flue liner is only for lining a chimney. Your installation should have been twin wall.

I stand to be corrected tho

do you mean a twin wall flue liner is OK in this set up???

anywhere I could get this info from

No he means twin wall as in...insulation between inner and outer lining . Flue liner is only for use in a brick chimney, where there is no chance of touching, either by combustible materials or skin. Think it's in Doc J flue liners only within brick chimney.

With rain wall do you have to have inspection panels at joints?

if it is single wall flue liner it needs shutting down, wrong material for job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to flue liner in plasterboard boxing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock