Discuss flue liner in plasterboard boxing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecogas

Gas Engineer
Hi,

i went out to look at a job and found gas fire fitted with a flue liner which runs in 12" x 12 " plasterboard boxing, ive only ever fit fires to brick chimneys or pre cast flues/ balanced flues, Just need advice on regs to confirm the installation is ID, as the boxing would have a wood frame and the flue liner should be a certain distance away from combustible materials, Any aadvice on this would be appreciated,

Regards

Last edited:
Fairly sure flue liner is only for lining a chimney. Your installation should have been twin wall.

I stand to be corrected tho

do you mean a twin wall flue liner is OK in this set up???

anywhere I could get this info from

No he means twin wall as in...insulation between inner and outer lining . Flue liner is only for use in a brick chimney, where there is no chance of touching, either by combustible materials or skin. Think it's in Doc J flue liners only within brick chimney.

With rain wall do you have to have inspection panels at joints?

if it is single wall flue liner it needs shutting down, wrong material for job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to flue liner in plasterboard boxing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Guys, My chimney failed the test so I need to install a flue liner for my Gazco Stockton gas fire. It was over a year ago when the engineer...
Replies
Views
HI, I had a new gas meter fitted a year ago and the installer said he wasn't happy with the flue. I have lost the report but would like to...
Replies
Views
C
Can anyone confirm if chimney flexi flue liners can be used on different gas appliances? i.e remove the flue pipe from an open flued gas boiler...
Replies
Views
Ladies/Gents, I'd appreciate some advice myself on this one! Went to a inset gas fire today to do a service. Took the fire out of the brick...
Replies
Views
R
As you can tell by the title I have been stupid and drilled the pre cast flue for my gas fire. I am building a fake chimney breast and in my haste...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back