Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Flue liner on gas Aga. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dsgas

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377255682.751688.jpg

Check this out! Poor flue flow and flame lift on burner lighting.

In old farmhouse. I put this on here and not the private forum so the public can see it and get their appliances serviced properly. I'm sick of coming across this crap, I've got a sore head and its friday!

do people tell the owners flues need sweeping! anyway thats clean compared to sooted up oil AGAs

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the white stuff? Looked like cavity wall stuff , seen a few bf floor standees and chimneys with that recycled paper type insulation in them before.

Never said anything about flue cleaning. Serviced properly. Bp 5 Mb under what it should be, flue liner running horizontally, 2 90 degree bends in it, no insulation at base of flue, crows nest next to flue liner, thermostat knackered.

What's the white stuff? Looked like cavity wall stuff , seen a few bf floor standees and chimneys with that recycled paper type insulation in them before.

Doh! Zoomed in its dust and lint? Not much soot though?!

Nah no soot flame picture was ok at 10 mb but bump it to correct 15mb and it was yellow and all over the shop. Engineer b4 prob left it as it worked but was underfiring. Customer was complaining about temp not getting up quick enough. Stat was knackered but it wouldn't have helped anyway.

Never said anything about flue cleaning. Serviced properly. Bp 5 Mb under what it should be, flue liner running horizontally, 2 90 degree bends in it, no insulation at base of flue, crows nest next to flue liner, thermostat knackered.

surely part of your service routine is to ensure the custard gets their flue swept if its like this and the cause of the problem here is poor flue design exacurbated by poor servicing in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue liner on gas Aga. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock