Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Flue or Terminal positon?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sabre

Hi Guys

I am have done my training and am currently in the process of completing my portfolio out on placement, I have a Q regarding Flue/terminal location when Below any temperature sensitive building components e.g. plastic gutters etc. At the training center I was told its 1 meter but in my NIC EIC Citb book it says 300mm thats for Natural draught and fanned is 75mm. I was told to ignore the book and remember its 1 m....is this right??? And has anyone fitted it 1 and what clearance did they leave?

Thanks

Go by manufacturers instructions, they are gospel and overrule everything :)

Thanks for replies...I understand MI take precedent...im worried if the Q turns up in ACS exam what would be model answer

on the subject if a flue leaves the brickwork 200mm fom a windo but goes out past the soffit where do you measure to from? from window to end of flue or from window to where it pierces the brickwork

Window to hole. The length of termination from the whole in the wall is in the MI.

One I don't know is are those extension kits allowed my tutor used to go mad about people fitting them saying he thought they were illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue or Terminal positon?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock