Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Flue terminal connection advice ( Ideal) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gassafe

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hello,

On changing a float valve in a roof space today i spotted this, the boiler is a Ideal Icos approx 3/4 year old.

The balanced flue from the boiler joins onto the old ridge terminal for exhaust, and the air intake terminates in the roofspace with the fitting shown.

I phoned Ideal and the chap said they did allow connections like this, but im still not convinced and am not familiar with the Ideal flue range.

The ridge terminal is leaking alot, it seems the plume / condensation is causing it.

Anyone familiar with Ideal Icos flueing, I have personally never seen a modern boiler connected to old style ridge terminal, and have recommended the Ideal vertical balanced flue kit...

Any help appreciated... DSC01271.jpgDSC01268.jpg

I have never seen a ridge terminal used like this and even if ideal say it can be used,the joint to the flue makes me think it is not correct,tape is not allowed to be used on a flue like this,have you sent pictures to ideal ?

The air intake from roof space is acceptable in quite a few flueing systems

imho

If its taped it ain't right. Simple as. Think that would've worried me a lot!

the air intake is a standard thing for ideals, the older open flue boilers are refered to as a VERTEX flue system

you need to make sure there is adaquate ventalation in the loft space, refer to manufacturer for this

but the connection to the ridge tile appears to be very wrong!

Thanks for the all the feedback plus the link, it confirms my suspicions, I had best get the roof ladders out!

what a mess,as said by other members thats ID and i would deffo report it whoever fitted that does not care about human life

Not being funny m8 . I would ID it straight away. Forget the ladders report it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue terminal connection advice ( Ideal) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock