Search the forum,

Discuss Flue termination with vented eaves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bhoydavid

Was at a service today and noticed when checking the flue out side it terminated under the eaves ( in the corner of an L shape on the building so eaves on the building either side of it were above the flue). When working the poc's were going up and hitting off the vented eaves but not going in the vents, they appeared to waft from under and up onto the roof. Wasn't really sure about this as I thought it could be classed as poc's re-entering the building. Anyway got a second opinion and the gaffer was OK with it and said as long as the flue termination was within regulation distances it was fine.

Thoughts on this? His name last to it anyway but was he right?

Was it more than 200mm below eaves

Your gaffer is right if its more than 200mm from eaves and there are no air vents in eaves , sofits then this would be classed as pocs re-entering, if vents were there it would need extended out past and clipped,

25mm from eaves

never finished last thread 25mm if it waz extended out past which by sounds it wasnt, but the 200mm is from eaves , not vented eaves

Its always hard to judge without seeing it, but from your description I would be a little concerned of POC's entering the building. Just because the clearances are fine, it doesn't mean its going to be ok.

I would check with the manufacturer, Worcester state 300mm below an opening for the jnr for example.

never finished last thread 25mm if it waz extended out past which by sounds it wasnt, but the 200mm is from eaves , not vented eaves

300mm from a vented eaves. and flue cant be extended out the measurement is from where the flue exits the wall not the end .

this is not acceptable .

Attachments

• ravenheat1.jpg
    ravenheat1.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 23
  • ravenheat.jpg
    ravenheat.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue termination with vented eaves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock