Search the forum,

Discuss Flues under eaves. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

powervan man

Does any one know if its okay to extend a concenctric horizontal fanned flue thats closer than 200mm to the underside of a soffit out past the the facia gutter line to get over the problem .I 've spoken to the manufacturer and the gas safe helpline and they just said refer to the british standards.

depends what mi's say, on some boilers it can be reduced to 25mm (sofit to top of flue) as long as it is a certain distance from gutering and clipped outside correctly. what boiler is it/?

had the same problem with a replacement boiler in a bungalow, flue was nearly level with the soffits, rang the manufacturers for advice, told to read the MI,!!!! no one will make a decision these days, read the MI, flue can be used somewhere in the region of 10 metres horizontally, so used common sense and extended past the soffits, made sure it was supported properly. My reasoning is that it is like going through a 4' thick wall only there is no brickwork. boiler works as per MI.

Check with manufacturer. Vaillant allow this, I don't know if others do too.

Footnote ! You can now fit the terminal within 40mm of the soffit with a baffle plate and providing its not open eaves !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flues under eaves. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock