Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Flushometer toilet on residential pressure tank in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm installing a new well pump, pressure tank, and toilet in a "shed" (note: local code is 2015 UPC based, and shed is insulated & conditioned) For some specific reasons I need to install a wall-mounted toilet. A "typical" well-performing model with an in-wall tank runs > $1000. There are cheaper models, all in ~$500, but they have poor reviews on performance.

I am looking into using a commercial Flushometer, such as American Standard AFWall FlushoMeter. ($200 all in) These are tankless, and thus take very high flow rates.

The toilet is adjacent to where i will install the well pressure tank. The model above quotes 25gpm and 25 psi (flowing)-80 psi (static) pressure. That seems like no problem, being adjacent to the pressure tank & using suitably sized inlet pipe.

How successful will the toilet be? They seem to have a bad rap in residential - but I assume this is just for folks pulling their water over a ~100ft 1" pipe & a bunch of fittings from the city? Eg they would work well even there if a bladder/accumulator was installed??

Some additional information, namely about the well system: this is a property we intend to build on eventually, and have a well drilled w/ good flow. That will be several years, so in the meantime I'm putting a small "shed" on it to allow us to hook up to power & sewer and use the property for ~RV'ing. The toilet will be inside the shed, allowing comfortable use in the winter.

I have not yet chosen my pump, and am still deciding between VFD/variable, and "standard" pump with full bladder tank(s). I'm leaning to the latter, but plan on posting a question about that.

The standard variable drive pump install seems to use a couple gallon ballast tank that fits IN the well shaft; I imagine that if i go this way, and use the Flushometer, i'll need to add a bladder for the toilet (as I won't have the large pressure tank to buffer it's draw).

Reply to Flushometer toilet on residential pressure tank in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Hi, Any help, advice or personal experience appreciated. We are supplied by a lead pipe but on a shared supply. I am about house 4 out of a run...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have good pressure but not so good flow, so considering a pressure accumulator. I live in a hard water area - near Cambridge - if that...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm doing up our old Victorian terrace - 3storeys... water supply has 1.6bar pressure + 24fpm. Not being able to resolve the lack of flow/...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock