Discuss Fun few days of cast iron soil pipes :( advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

djob

Just wanting some advice about a job I've got coming up.. I have two cast iron soil pipes to do on an old Tannery conversion. Basically I've temporally used 4" soil pipe to be able to pass an inspection now it's time for the real thing.. Obviously being an old building nothing is easy, if you look at the picture of the temporary soil you can see that the clips are packed of with copper; this won't be the case when using the cast iron, my question to you is how would you pack the clips of the wall for the best finish.. I'll put pictures of the cast clip fittings as well. Any advice or if you would do it another would be great. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 94
wood painted black?

seen it done on a few old cast stacks

find a bit of wood the correct thickness use a holesaw. take the bit of wood out of the holesaw. dip it in paint. job done with a nice hole for the screw to go in.

Last edited:
Use ten or twelve mm studding hilti anchors or similar cut and slide copper tube over exposed studding paint black jobs a good un....regards Turnpin

I would stick with copper spacers my self and just paint them black have seen the holesaw thing befor and it looks the dogs bits once done but takes a bit longer I would use some scrap 22 or 28 the finished job looks as good to be honest!

having paid for cast iron rain water goods, most custards wont be very chuffed with painted bits of copper as stated buy some cast bobbins, bout £4 each but look the part

Just been on this site:
Rainwater Direct - Cast Iron Gutter/Cast Aluminium Guttering/Aluminium Guttering/UPVC Cast Iron Guttering - Installation Guide - Cast Iron

Is the statement below true for all cast Iron i.e. lead slips?

On Apex Heritage Cast Iron they are simply wedged with several lead slips 25mm wide to prevent any lateral movement. These slips should be knocked down into the 3mm—4mm gap between the outer face of the pipe and inside face of the collar, so that they are no longer visible. However where pipes are of small capacity which cannot be increased they should be both wedged and sealed with high quality sealant against a backing strip.

Liking the illusion of the small man in the doorway of the third picture. Spooky. Woooooo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fun few days of cast iron soil pipes :( advice needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock