Discuss Gas Exams joke in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

leakeee

Just gonna have a little moan :)

Done my CPA1 6 months ago which included service and check for faults on cooker, fire open flued boiler, fire.

3 weeks after that i do my CCN1 working on appliances.

Then went to do my CENWAT and cookers, and they tell my i got to do CPA1 again cause of some new change.

and now because i never had water heater i had to do CENWAT1 initial, which includes controls, more exams and guess what

more gas analysis on boilers and cookers.

Are these stupid people really taking the **** but using a gas anaylser 3 times is abit of a joke. Everytime i do my gas it

seems to get harder and more stupid things to do over and over again.

Moan Over!

got to pay there wages someway , sure there will be a new cooked up idea soon by a jobsorth

bit like you must have part L to install boilers then 6 months later gas safe come in and no sorry we dont recognize that qualification. so there was money well spent!!

Just gonna have a little moan :)

Done my CPA1 6 months ago which included service and check for faults on cooker, fire open flued boiler, fire.

3 weeks after that i do my CCN1 working on appliances.

Then went to do my CENWAT and cookers, and they tell my i got to do CPA1 again cause of some new change.

and now because i never had water heater i had to do CENWAT1 initial, which includes controls, more exams and guess what

more gas analysis on boilers and cookers.

Are these stupid people really taking the **** but using a gas anaylser 3 times is abit of a joke. Everytime i do my gas it

seems to get harder and more stupid things to do over and over again.

Moan Over!

the recent change has been to CCN1 which now includes the CPA1 element that everyone said should have been done, now that it is included you wont need to pay any extra for it, again what everyone said should be done, if you dont mind me asking why did you do stand alone CPA 6 months ago as it wasnt ***pulsory at that time, what you could have done was wait till feb/march and then did your full ACS resit (including CPA) which would have meant your new expiry would have been 5 yrs from the original expiry as you can do the resit 6 months before expiry without losing any life on the ticket, a lot of centres were throwing CPA in free with CCN1, and now that its included in CCn1 it shouldnt cost you anything now anyway,
and if you done it all 6 months ago then did the same thing again now how can it be harder haha, you should have done it no bother
re the CENWAT, you dont do cpa with cenwat if you have the ticket which you did, so not sure what happened there, cenwat exam is 5 questions, same as old CEN1 exam which you would have done anyway, there is little difference between CEN1 and CENWAT, other than working on a water heater rather than a boiler to do some checks

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Exams joke in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, My chimney failed the test so I need to install a flue liner for my Gazco Stockton gas fire. It was over a year ago when the engineer...
Replies
Views
Hi sorry im a newbie, pls help if u can. I had a new bathroom installed about a yr ago and since then when i flush the toilet the room stinks of...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock