Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Gas Pipe under ground floor crawl space is this legal? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Skittery

I am about to have CH installed. I have about a 1 meter crawlspace under the floorboards downstairs (dirt floor/ air bricks). I would like to go from the front of the house under the living room to the kitchen and up where the boiler is to be situated as opposed to having an outside gas pipe around the walls of the house to reach the back of the house. Gas meter unit is at the front of the house. My Question is: 1. Is this ok to do? 2. If so should the pipes be collared to the inside walls as opposed to just running along the dirt. Not sure about safety with this. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

Your gas engineer would be best contacted to run this pipe.

Al

Alan. Yes the gas engineer will be doing a full CH install for me, I would like some advice from the experts so that corners aren't cut. Better for me to know all the options and legalities so that I can discuss them with him. Many Thanks for the quick response.

Sorry Skittery but you will not get any advice or answers to gas related question on this forum, as this may encourage others to break the Law by attempting gas work when they are not Gas Safe Registered.
As per Al post above go & find yourself a good GSR engineer who can advise & complete any work required.

Fair enough. How about boiler recommendations does the forum discuss these or is the forum only aimed at gas engineers for technical discussions?

As others said speak to GSR engineer - get a few quotes, they may give you different advice but each will be able to explain the pro s and cons of do the job in different ways.
As for what boiler.
Thee are loads of threads in this forum about choosing a boiler. Intergas and Worcester Bosch are popular but there are loads of good brands. More important to find a good installer!

It's often been said but if you ask 10 different gsr's what boiler to fit you'll get 8 different answers.

Will your gsr be following up and servicing the boiler for you? If that's the case then seek his advice, if he's been on the manufacturer training courses then he'll be fairly familiar with what he proposes to install.

It's often been said but if you ask 10 different gsr's what boiler to fit you'll get 8 different answers.

Will your gsr be following up and servicing the boiler for you? If that's the case then seek his advice, if he's been on the manufacturer training courses then he'll be fairly familiar with what he proposes to install.

better still, he should know its foibles for when it breaks down, the 2 missing makes are from the croppies of this world, they'll just tell you to get a massive boiler:)

Last edited by a moderator:
What's all this INTERGAS stuff they must be good as you guy's really plug them. If I was still specifying, I would have to give them a trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Pipe under ground floor crawl space is this legal? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock