Discuss GCH pressure = zero in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

snadge

Hi

we recently bought a house and have been in for couple of months now - and last night when filling the bath with hot water (which is heated on demand) there was lots of stop/start and banging noises in he pipes - we turned it off then ran it again and it was fine... however we noticed that the presure gauge shows ZERO....

what has happened?

can anybody help with this?
it seems to work still..

cheers

Most sealed systems leak to a degree. Refill the pressurized part to a known pressure and then watch it to see how quickly the pressure drops.

I would have thought your boiler would have a low pressure cutout, though, so I'm surprised it ran when dry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to GCH pressure = zero in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently had an eco tec plus 836 combi installed as part of an oil to gas conversion. One thing I can’t work out is why the bathroom sink hot...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hi, I have a hot water cylinder which feeds 3 outlets (kitchen sink, basin in bathroom & bathtap) which has never had very good pressure (probably...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock