Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Greenstar 30cdi pressure issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

c.gas

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi Guys, any thoughts on this would be welcome, just incase I'm missing anything.

had a call out today to boiler losing pressure, another engineer had changed the expansion vessel and Prv yesterday and today the pressure was at zero again.

I was topping up the boiler and it was only just above 1 bar when it started shuddering, closed the filling loop and the pressure carried on to 3 bar so clearly the pressure guage needs replacing. I drained it back down to 1.5 bar and left the pressure gauge for 5 mins and it stayed a 1.5 bar, then ran the boiler to max for about 5-10 mins and the pressure guage went to just over 2 bar so happy days.

Boiler then got hot and went to lock out so had to press reset, then water kept coming out of the aav and wouldn't stop, even after another 15-20 mins water still coming out off aav so had to close it.

i disconnected the condensate and left it over a bucket as I wanted to see if it was loosing water via the main heat ex but after 10 mins or so with the boiler Not running nothing was dripping so ruled that out.

im thinking it's just possibly the aav and pressure guage as it's hard to say when can't be certain on what's going on with the pressure guage giving correct reading

Sorry just realised I've not posted this in the private forum, can I move in myself or delete this and repost?

ask a mod

I've reposted it in the private section now. Can a Mod close this thread please, will pay more attention next time :whatchutalkingabout

Thanks mod, sorry I had reposted aswel. Oops

think ap is going to go on strike (your making more work for him)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Greenstar 30cdi pressure issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock