Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss greenstar junior 28i heating problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daveyg82

Got called to this boiler earlier for an issue with the heating. 2 of the 5 rads were luke warm at the top
and the other 3 pretty cool. checked at the boiler which was set to max on the temp dial. Boiler sounded like it was full of air while the pump running. Tried to bleed the pump and when opening the screw water trying to spray out, Not the usual trickle I'd expect. Tried the bleed point with the hose at the top of the heat exchanger and got water straight away.

When boiler runs on heating it fires up for maybe 5 -10 seconds then shuts down on temp, no fault.
If I run the boiler on hot water it runs as long as required.

I spoke to Worcester who had me check that the diverter valve lever moved up and down when switching the boiler on and that appears to be operating correctly. When I told him about the pump spraying when opening the bleed screw he told me the pump is goosed.

Does this sound correct? Should the hot water work correctly if the pump isn't working to push primary water around the secondary exchanger?

I'm a commercial engineer thats been put through domestic fairly recently. So trying to find my way and confidence with these new (to me) appliances

Thanks for any help

Sorry Davey,

We don't answer questions like this in open forum.

Please increase your post count to 10+ then send a message to [email protected] with an image of your gsr card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to greenstar junior 28i heating problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock