Discuss Greetings Looking for direction in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr Wilson

Greetings folks new member here so i wont waste anyones time just after some direction to some common discusion threads so i can start reading.
Im starting a major project a full install gas central heating system. i got me a certified installer (german) for the boiler and everything gas related but my job is all the internal plumbing to and from rads all wall chasing and heating to the kitchens and bathrooms. its a 3 story building with about 16ish rads oh and im in germany but dont speak german only australian... fun

links i need pointing to to start with

plastic piping in brick and rendered walls (i know copper is best but with this size job plastic is worth a look )
thickness of piping for variances in distances and pressures
single pipe circut or double to and from rads
german plumbing regs and laws in aussie

thankyou fellas look forward to hearing from you im sure ill have many questions over the next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome along.

the German fitter will be the best to advise you.
we deal with the regulations that apply here???

but plenty of bedtime reading to look through anyway.

cheers mate. i contacted a local guy and a translator and spent a few hours grinding threw the threads some great stuff here...

Its tricky to make suggestions here as the regs are bound to be different.

Plastics fine in the wall. I always run silver tape over them so they can be detected
Single pipe systems are not as good. Also with plastic its not just throw it in, there's a proper way to install it and commission it.

I also assume your having nothing to do with the gas pipework as plastic is a big no no.

Before you start id seriously ask yourself if you want to take on a project this size like this without the correct training, there will be plenty of unforeseen problems you will hit but good luck with it if you do.

hea ace yeah not touching gas line which would be copper and needs to be signed of on. As for running pipe threw the house germanys is a DIY dream land they even do all there own sparky work post mains.
Comming from australia done plenty of plumbin work meself out of necessity both copper and plastic as even though aussie dont let you do nothing ya self who can offord a 120 per hour trady to change a tap washer.
this is just my first brick build im use to timber stick houses we have there in Oz i brought all my tools with me but just need to study up on central heating systems as we use windows in australia.
the silver taps a great idea and i was heading towards a dual pipe S type setup and very room in the building requires full reno anyways so a few more chases and pipework aint that bad.

Renos = problems one gets use to it hence this forum...

Isn`t member called Matchless plumb from Germany?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Greetings Looking for direction in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock