Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Grundfos Alpha 2 Wiring Connector in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I note that the Grundfos Alpha 2 requires a special plug to connect the electric wiring. Are those plugs reusable if rewiring is needed? It's an expensive plug, costing as much as a used Alpha pump. Suppliers of refurbished pumps don't supply a plug. Fine if it is a Grundfos like for like replacement, but if the pump is an upgrade you need a plug. It makes the economics of fitting a Grundfos pump far less attractive. Anyone know if these same plugs are used on other model pumps, or know of a reasonably priced source please? This form of connector really should be standardised.

Not sure what to say, guess thats a hurdle of fitting refurbished/used parts.

Small pumps are in the region of £200 and a replacement connector new, prob about £30. Must be able to find one on a second hand site.

Not sure what to say, guess thats a hurdle of fitting refurbished/used parts.

Small pumps are in the region of £200 and a replacement connector new, prob about £30. Must be able to find one on a second hand site.
Just looked you are right somewhere around £30

Reply to Grundfos Alpha 2 Wiring Connector in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a really remote part of the Highlands, so paying for a plumber (or electrician?) to do this will be brutally expensive, so I need to...
Replies
Views
Hi we have a Alpha 2 15-60-130 central heating pump fitted. We need a bit more heat from 12 rads. I’m confused about the settings as the Auto...
Replies
Views
Hey folks, I'm wondering if someone could possibly help, I'm looking for a possible part number b4 I call ideal in the morning, I fitted an...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock