Search the forum,

Discuss Hard to see.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Boiler Ben

Hi all!

I've been trying to find the cause of various leaks in plasterboard ceilings (new build property) and am fed up with cutting numerous holes everywhere to find the cause of the problem.

I remember being on a site a while ago where another plumber was using a handheld video inspection camera which looked (and he said was) brilliant as only needed to drill a tiny access hole.....does anyone know where I can get a decent one?? (don't want to buy from e-bay as if it goes wrong there's never any comeback plus you often get stitched up for VAT and import duty when it finally arrives as it has come from outside of the UK).

Hope you can help!

Cheers

Welcome boiler Ben Millwaukee tools do a range of inspection cameras but I imagine like Plumbstar Tom says they are proberbly not cheap and may be more cost effective to hire:)regards turnpin

have you tried a hire shop to see if they can be rented as I am sure they are far from cheap!
Cheers will look at that.

Although think they start from about 70 or 80 quid and if thats the case then I recon I'd buy one as could use it under floorboards, baths etc without having to remove too much stuff.

Thanks for all the info guys.

Have looked at Maplins now and as a result have stumbled across the company I was looking for who specialize in them.....Access Cameras - Wireless Video Borescope Endoscope Inspection Camera for Pipe Drain Cavity Ceiling Roof Inspection

From what i saw of the video footage whilst on site previously the quality of the picture is really good......now just have to decide whether or not to get the one with the detachable wireless screen????

Will let you all know how I get on with it!

Cheers

Ben

wonder though if you'll ever get your money back by buying one? - its not like you can charge the customer use of a mini camera while looking for a leak is it?

wonder though if you'll ever get your money back by buying one? - its not like you can charge the customer use of a mini camera while looking for a leak is it?

We can charge for a camera down a drain to find a blockage or damage,why not to trace a leak,if it stops damage,by cutting big holes in ceilings,also on laminate flooring could just drill a small hole at edge to check under floor boards maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hard to see.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock