Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Heat Slave 15/19 Oil Boiler Hot Water Random in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi,

Moved to a house in Devon and we have a big Heat Slave 15/19 in the corner of the garage. Looks ok, heats the house, but hot water is another story! It can sometimes be fine and showers/taps will run hot water for England, but on occasions the hot water stops and takes time to kick in again. The behaviour of the boiler at the point the hot water stops is it fires up for 2 seconds then stops for 1 then back on for another 2 in a loop until it fires properly.

I have read threads and did take the flow switch out to look for any debris but nothing. The 3 way valve looks to be doing its job as when heating water no radiators get hot.

I did turn the hot water dial down to low thinking that perhaps it was the flow switch and more demand for hot water would help. I think it is slightly better but still get occasions where the hot water goes cold during a shower 2-3 times.

I'm thinking of going for a flow switch but don't want to waste £60 if it makes no difference.

Did turn on filling loop as pressure wasn't at 1 bar.

get an gas safe/oftec engineer to have a look for you

Lol

Might give WB technical a call as I just need to know flow switch, controller or something else.

simples.

Lol

Might give WB technical a call as I just need to know flow switch, controller or something else.

simples.

thats going to be fun as they ask for a reg no :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heat Slave 15/19 Oil Boiler Hot Water Random in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock