Discuss Heating wont work without DHW on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tapsworcester

I have been to a house where the heating won't run unless the DHW is also selected. Can somebody please diagnose this for me?

The system is unvented, the heating is pumped by a Grundfoss, the DHW is gravity fed 28mm pipework. The boiler is an old Mistral oil boiler. The control is a Honeywell 24 hour controller. There are TRV on the radiators.

Thanks for your help.

If on gravity dhw and pumped heating then this is correct, as the dhw calls for boiler to fire and the ch calls for pump to operate. You stated that the system was unvented...

Unvented on gravity hot water! Coil drops inside so can't work very well. Hope there is sufficient control.
Aside that, the clock for Gravity hot water will always bring the rads in too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating wont work without DHW on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the...
Replies
Views
T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock