Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Heatline Vizo 24 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

goz666

Gas Engineer
Went to the above boiler yesterday, have agreed to go back on Wednesday morning next week to repair it. When I got there was expanding over and emptying, emptied boiler blew out the Ex Vessel then recharged. Expansion problem now solved, boiler running ok at 1-1.5 bar. Still have water draining out of PRV, removed the screw in part of the PRV and cleaned up the rubber and the surface (done many times before) still leaking, now I've never removed one fully on the Heatline but it's xmas eve and looks like a ball5 up waiting to happen. Am tempted to buy it and just replace the top bit, and hope it works, what's the thoughts ??

You can usually get away with replacing just the insides, just make sure you clean out the inside of the brass body with some wire wool to get rid of any muck on the seating.

Are they the ones where the connection to the discharge pipe is facing the wall? If so, they are a bit of a pain in the arse, but can usually undo with a basin wrench

Are they the ones where the connection to the discharge pipe is facing the wall? If so, they are a bit of a pain in the arse, but can usually undo with a basin wrench

Yes they are bewsh, looks a pain of a job, connected to Plate hex, and on other side to pump housing, checked the existing one and cleaned up fine,but still passing water.

I haven't done a Vizo before, so don't know how awkward they are, but i always change the whole valve, no point in trying a repair that may take you as long as it would to replace it then going back free of charge to tell customer it needs replacing
I gave up trying to save customers money when it kept costing me

9 times out of ten changing the body works still charge the same also do it with pumps change the head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heatline Vizo 24 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello guys! I had an Ideal Combi Logic+ C24 fitted in August 2021 in my mid terraced house and I started noticing that it was losing pressure...
Replies
Views
G
Hi all, The pressure bar in my unvented system is rising. It’s set at 1.5 and rises to 2/2.5. I know it will rise when the water is heating but...
Replies
Views
In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock