Search the forum,

Discuss Help needed please?! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jordan1000

Hi,

I have a potterton 33 He boiler. I had a error code and needed to add more pressure. I turned the loop and added pressure to around the 2.0 point. It was fine for awhile, I had a look and now the pressure is just below 3. ( in the red zone). I have bled the radiators and just water comes out - I got the pressure down to 1.0 doing this, but when I turn the heating on it eventually goes to near the 3 mark.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

You will need a Gas Safe engineer to come and take a look as a part maybe faulty on the boiler

Thanks for the replies. I have just had a look and it seems like the valves that you use to add pressure were not tightened fully. I have tightened them now but the pressure is still high. Should I try and get the pressure down by taking out the water from the radiators and see it the level stays now, the loop is full tightened. Thanks

If you think you have over filled it then yes, reduce the pressure to one bar by letting some water out. Should be 1 bar when system is cold

If it is one bar when cold and shoots up to 3 bar when in use you will need an engineers as there will be a faulty component

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help needed please?! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hi thanks for coming. I really need to know if this red tap and pipe is to up the pressure on my boiler as its getting low. Ive lived in my house...
Replies
Views
hi all, i need help to fix the leak from a pipe connected to the water pump via flexi pipe and it is feed from the immersion heater. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, New here & my first post! I have a Worcester greenstar 24i, it is a conventional boiler, it has a water tank upstairs. For the...
Replies
Views
I have a "Firebird Envirogreen Condensing Combi Oil Boiler 26kW" a part has went and I can't find it anywhere, I was at every plumbers merchant...
Replies
Views
B
Hi everyone, I have a Santon Premier Plus PP120E (unvented direct immersion heater) fitted with two thermostats, which provides hot water to taps...
Replies
Views
Bridog
B
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock