Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Help please needed regards kitchen mixer tap ! in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I'm having problems with an old kitchen mixer tap.......the cold side is dripping from spout so I attempted to remove the brass cartridge to change rubber washers but for some reason after fully unscrewing it doesn't want to come out. Maybe something simple stopping it but I didn't want to force it........you are the experts.......would there be something else holding it in?

Also, I haven't a clue what make the tap is so need help identifying it please!

Lastly I'm hoping I can still get the cartridges for the tap which must be 25 years old at least.......any suggestions where I could purchase these would be gratefully received!
Thank you!

Attachments

• Tap 1a.jpg
    Tap 1a.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Tap 2a.jpg
    Tap 2a.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 11
Wiggle and pull likely the washer has expanded so it won’t come out easily

Reply to Help please needed regards kitchen mixer tap ! in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a few mixer taps to install in bathrooms and kitchen. The kitchen tap also has a wondering spray arm capability. On researching...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi Anyone know of a pull out kitchen tap that has decent pressure? I have had low pressure from this tap for a number of years and it's not...
Replies
Views
I am trying to replace the cartridge for a waterfall tap (mixer mono) for the bathroom sink, I have run into a problem whereby I cannot remove the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock