Discuss Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont know if anyone out there can help me with these but I have been given a series of questions to answer for tomorrow!

1) What would cause the gas to remain on after the cooker lid has been closed?

2) Fault with FSD not cutting the gas out?

3) Liquid Expansion Thermostat, what is the fault if the flame remains on high after a the temperature is reached?

4) What is the likely fault on a cooker if it is turned onto simmer and the burner goes out?

5) What is the fault on a solenoid valve if the burner remains on if the solenoid is closed?

6) What is the fault if a thermo electric valve does not fully close within 90 seconds?

7) What is the likely result if a thermostat phial/probe is not positioned in its pocket?

I would appreciate any answers or anywhere that I could find the answers!!

THANK YOU!!

we do not give answers to test questions for obvious reasons,if you post what you think are the answers ,members may point you in the right direction if required or confirm your answers
If you have been given these questions ,surely you have also been given the ref material required to answer them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry but it is a test of your knowledge and if you dont know then you should not be doing the test I suggest you explain to your tutor why you can not answer the questions

Hi jackyp1234 ... Why don't you give us your best guess answers first? Good to know you know where to come for answers but let us know what you know first eh? :)

The only reference is my BTEC folder and I cant find any of the answers all day, I wouldn't normally ask for the answers but i have sweated over these all day and I am fed up of looking at the questions now! Can any of you guys think of anywhere else to reference?

sorry but if ye dont no the answer to 1,3,4 straight away ye shouldnt be doing gas mate

As above, if you're sitting with the book and the questions in front of you and you still cant even hazard a guess then maybe you should consider a career change mate. Not being nasty but "you get out what you put in" in this game.

What book? The only reference i have is a bpec folder and i cant find out in there, thanks for your help anyway :d

try not to think of these as questions and answers in a book try to imagine they are real life situations ie you have closed a cooker lid and the gas is still alight so what is the fault you probably have the answer in your head so put it on paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock