Discuss Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about its been tampered with and/or disconnected? (oops my bad!.. next question)

you may be trying to hard your not splitting the atom you cant repair a safety device it isnt working what will you do

I agree billybob .... It's hard jackyp to get your head around all this stuff! If you're stressed out take a breather. It's more important that you know how these things work than ticking boxes for tutors! I had an apprentice that did my head in coz they just couldn't grasp the direction to tighten and untighten a threaded nut ... Took a year and a half!!!! LOL

I agree billybob .... It's hard jackyp to get your head around all this stuff! If you're stressed out take a breather. It's more important that you know how these things work than ticking boxes for tutors! I had an apprentice that did my head in coz they just couldn't grasp the direction to tighten and untighten a threaded nut ... Took a year and a half!!!! LOL

You mean he didn't know of " Lefty Loosey, Righty Tighty??" what kind of stuff are they teaching in schools nowadays? lol

HAHA @ DIAMONDGAS, That has cheered me up! Gonna get an early night and tackle it tommorow thanks for all your help, seems to have generated quite an interest on the forum tonight!

just throw this in

''What would cause the gas to remain on after the cooker lid has been closed?''

the lid being metal not glass therefore no safety devise would be fitted and gas would therefore stay on

Just take your time mate and read all you books carefully and it will come to you eventually. Get yourself a cup of tea, and just read untill your head hurts. I know its boring but it your job at the end of the day and you need to know it to pass.

You'll get there eventually, I really struggled with gas controls and safety devices at first but I got it in the end. Then I had to do flueing and ventilation and I wanted to cry.

HAHA @ DIAMONDGAS, That has cheered me up! Gonna get an early night and tackle it tommorow thanks for all your help, seems to have generated quite an interest on the forum tonight!

We are here to help jackyp1234. I hope you find this place of great assistance and frustration in your development. Welcome aboard :)

Hey if it's any consolation I've been at this game for over 30 yrs and know I don't know it all, still make mistakes, but haven't killed or maimed anyone ....... YET! lol

how come you haven,t got the viper book or the corgi book the viper book explaines most stuff easy plus how come youve not been in a classroom and shown then done it in collage or place were your doing your gas or even on site if your up to answering questions we were asked to strip the cooker down loads of times to find out what was what,id quite willingly help you but carnt give ye the answers mate cos if you dont no and pass come across one while your working on your own we could end up with a house like in another post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock