Search the forum,

Discuss Hepvo valve - will it work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kkelly77

I was having a problem with a foul odor coming from the 40mm waste pipe the washing machine is connected to. There is no P trap in place. Just a vertical run of about 200mm and then an angle to run horizontally into the main waste pipe.

I picked up a Hepvo and connected it straight onto the pipe (i.e. vertically). The problem is the waste pipe is located just in behind one of the kitchen presses and I can't fully hand tighten the Hepvo compression connector. It's snug but due to the oil on the compression connector diaphragm, it can slide up and down.

Will this suffice, as I have the washing machine outlet pipe inserted as far as it can go? Cheers.

K

I would have just fitted an appliance trap, cheaper than a hepvo.

images

do you have the hep vo fitted at the top of the pipe or halfway down?

you might still get smells if you have pushed the drain in past the seal on the hepvo. i would move it down lower tbh.

you might still get smells if you have pushed the drain in past the seal on the hepvo. i would move it down lower tbh.

I know what you mean but I'm limited by space and access unfortunately.

have you enough space to put a bit of pipe at the top without moving the hepvo down?

have you enough space to put a bit of pipe at the top without moving the hepvo down?

Don't think so. Even if there was it's impossible to get in to tighten the compression connectors enough. Might have to go with a standard trap and adhesive sealant for the joints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hepvo valve - will it work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock