Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Hercal 1500 x 500 vented cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

joeking

Where is the best place to buy a Hercal 1500 x 500 indirect vented cylinder - can't find one to replace leaking one.

Or can it easily be substituted for another make (if so - suggestions?).

Just replace it for another and repipe as required. The new stainless vented cylinders are good and often cheaper than copper. These are my preferred choice now.

the 500mm width makes me think it was originally a bespoke model. 450mm or 400mm (old money 18" and 16") have been standard for years, but 20" or 500mm wide has never been an off-the-shelf option in vented copper cylinders - at least not in my part of the world.

If I am right, then you will need to have one made - pop into your local merchant and ask them. Most cylinder manufacturers will make you a copper cylinder to any spec you want for a price - and if its got to be me made specially, you may as well have the tappings exactly where you want them!

RM cylinders offer this service, but so do others.

Have just twigged - is that 500 including lagging? If so, it will be 450 or 400 for the actual copper vessel, in which case my earlier post can be disregarded.

Thanks ray - yes sorry it is probably 450 wide without foam as is just standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hercal 1500 x 500 vented cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock