Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Hi everyone...looking for some advice! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gouldymufc

Hi there, im 24 i've recently left the army and am now looking to start my own plumbing business. The army paid for me to undertake my NVQ level 3, city & guilds and technical certificate. I have been managing to get small jobs- changing taps, fixing overflows and burst pipes without any real advertising but obviously thats not going to be able to keep me going.

Im after some advice if possible like how you guys started out, the best way to start advertising and tips to getting more work?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

technical certificate is not enough to make you qualified as a plumber you need the nvq 6089 as well.

Sorry sonray ltd, didn't explain it as well as i thought, after completing what the army paid for i am now waiting to take the final exam of NVQ2...this is to be done at the end of Jan.

After breaking my ankle in afghanistan i was sent back to the uk and i got to a stage where physio was no longer needed, the battalion were still away in theatre. I then used my advanced learning credits which the army offers which paid for the majority of the course as this saved me from doing nothing all through the day and it was veiwed that i would be better off doing something por-active with my time! The education centre at Aldershot garisson set me up with a local company from Fleet, i would go on site with them 2 days a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
so are you looking to working with a company or by yourself when you finish your nvq early in the new yr ?

its not the ideal time in any situation to start looking for work at the moment.

Im not to sure which road to go down to be honest and thats where im hoping where you would be able to help?? Would like to eventually go on my own but understand that times are hard at the moment. Wondering if it would be worth advetising but also getting a small part time job, say 3 days a week to keep me tied over and using the rest of the week to try to fill with plumbing work if possible until things improve- thats if things in the plumbing industry sare st to improve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hi everyone...looking for some advice! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for some advice on my little bathroom project. I took the bath out. I got a shower jacuzzi thing. The base has 2 wheels in the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock