Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss hot water venting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve Byron

Hi, I'm a new poster here and am hopeful that somebody can clarify the following.

We're having a wood burning stove with a boiler installed, replacing an ancient rayburn.
To connect it to the existing indirect system I am told that the present header tank needs
to be replaced by a new heatproof tank and fittings to comply with recent regulations.
The problem is that the proposed new tank is much larger than the old tank and cannot be
fitted in the same position.
I am wondering if it is a requirement that the actual copper vent pipe has to be returned to the
header tank or if there is any reason why it cannot be directed to the outside of the building,
with suitable safety provision, thereby removing the need to replace the header tank.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hot water venting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I have a problem with my hot water header tank getting warm water into it from the bottom of the header tank (not the hooked...
Replies
Views
I have a vented hot-water cylinder that was installed when the house was built - 38 years ago! It has a header tank in the loft and the cylinder...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a rayburn 212 that I have plumbed into a vented hot water tank as far as I am aware I do not have to vent the rayburn as the tank is...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
I’m fitting a vented copper hot tank heated from a Stanly Range in a mobile home Due to height restrictions I cannot site a header tank. But can...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock