Search the forum,

Discuss How Do You Advertise On UKPLUMBERSFORUM in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hiretools

Alright Puddle, Migo, Fuzzy, Blackcatgas, Oldplumber ETC ETC How do people advertise on this forum and how much does it cost does anyone know ??? or am i blowing in the wind.

I use local advertising magsthat are delivered door to door monthly, parish mags and most of all word of mouth. Each 1.4 page ad costs 150 for 6 months, and I use 2 area mags. Forget yellow pages, never worked for people i know who use them as filled with to many plumbers and cowboy outfits.

Dont use the web, although this is cheap, gas safe listing gave memy first enquiry this week from a co working for tesco installs, but dint get back to me when i asked them to email details.

Parish mags bring in some work occassionally. All this type of advertising tends to favour older customers, younger ones seem to use the net more, and they are never in when you turn up according to plumbers i talk to.

Nice 1 Oldplumber funny you should mention the yellow book i put a free line in the yell.com book etc and have already had a job out of it hehehe sometimes it works but mostly it doesn't.

i get requests for quotes from my one line, never any work to date, plus all the callsand emails asking if i want to advertise in thompsons etc!!!!!!!!!!!

hiretools,
and anyone who wishes to advertise on site - all you have to do is send a pm to Dave or Dan on the admin side, and they will sort you out.
us moderators dont deal with money at all - however all donations, please send direct to my bank account and dont tell anyone !!!

see what I mean, go for a chat and there they are flogging advertizing to u. (heehee)

Parish mags are good, as said, word of mouth is the best. I have a card up in my plumbers merchants, 3 jobs from it this year so far.
Takes time to build up a decent customer base, 2yrs +.

guess i come under etc, or etc?
so i am not going to tell you.

Well first thing to do is make sure you get your name right

My paddle business shows no signs of improved sales :(:(:D;)

imho

Hey Redsaw u know u dont come under the etc etc bit m8 and as for the rest of the comments i appreiciate them cheers lads :) :) ;)

p.s i have my own website if anyone wants to have a look/comments they would be gr8 ly recieved that goes for you to paddle :eek: lol just kidding splash

Hey Redsaw u know u dont come under the etc etc bit m8 and as for the rest of the comments i appreiciate them cheers lads :) :) ;)

p.s i have my own website if anyone wants to have a look/comments they would be gr8 ly recieved that goes for you to paddle :eek: lol just kidding splash

the website is Fix It Plumbers - Home

sorry i forgot to add it Doh!!!!!!! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
HIRETOOLS......

I've had a short stint in advertising so may be able to help here....

It's a simple website which is a definite plus. There is no need to over complicate things, after all, people don't randomly search around plumbers' websites to check out the latest in the industry. One thing i'd suggest however is to have your telephone number much larger (I had to squint to find it on your page and my eyes are apparently good). and even consider having it on your home page, AS WELL as in the contact us page.

Hope this helps mate.

Don't mean to knock your website but it's really quite poor.

Don't be offended.

Most companies are the same. Let's be honest. Who cares who you are? People want to know what is there for them. What's the benefit of doing business with you rather than your competitors?

I always liken it to a shop with no assistants. You walk in. There is no information from anyone. No literature. No handouts, nothing.

What would you do? You would leave. And not go back but look in a different shop.

It's not a beauty contest you know.

Get a decent website from a decent web marketer not from a graphic designer. To me a graphic designer is like a painter and decorator. You need an interior designer!

bit harsh gassy.
i like website.
i know you want to so let's see yours

Don't get me wrong, mine is rubbish too!!!!!!

I speak from experience. Paid someone to get me an all singing website with an average of 30 visitors per day...but no sales.

the thing is that i did the website yself so it cost me nothing i do have another website: Fix It Plumbers - Home have a look at that one i did everything myself so there was no costs apart from my effort but i enjoyed it tell me what you think of the one above it has more to it and has Guestbook F.A.Q's Testimonials etc etc have a look fellas i think if it does what it says on the tin then thats good enough, well for me anyway. Also i have just sorted out some advertising on the van and search engines for my area plus a charity mag and a police mag with exclusivity for my manor and look local the monthly home mag plus a few decent shouts on local wm radio via a friend of mine so fingers crossed it all pans out it has only cost me ÂŁ200 all in and that is a bout it vista have sorted me out some freebies and so did yell when i phoned and asked so lets just see also oldplumber suggested a parish mag and i am in the process of a cheeky ad in there as well

As Tesco say Every Little Helps! lol

Just had a look at your site... Don't like the adverts... some spammy ones..

A decent site IMO is one that customers are not put off with flashing adverts like those and it is a bit basic..

Mistore do great sites and at reasonable prices as well..

Well, it is slightly better than the other one. Its' good to see that you are trying so many different forms of advertising.

The important thing is this. Make absolutely certain that you test the response rate of every advert. one might be out performing all the others by 80%. If you don't measure it you never will know and you could be wasting money.

I am actually monitoring and askin the different people who call where they saw my advert online a mag etc so will do but if it gets too busy i wont have the time but then again i wont care coz i will be RICH yes RICH I tell u hahaahahhahahaha
Just kidding thanks for the comments Gassy.

forget the police one its allmost a scam and i gntee you will get nowt from it and they will hound you for fees......

Yeah,good point. If the police mag is calling you askfor the last issue to be sent to you. If it is a bloke with a scouse accent, forget it. It is a defo scam! he tried me and got the hump when I asked him for a copy of the mag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How Do You Advertise On UKPLUMBERSFORUM in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock