Discuss How far do you travel to quote/work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Just being nosey, I had nothing on tomorrow other than getting the van serviced.
Then got a call about quoting to swap a combi, thought to myself nice easy job.

When I put the address into the satnav its an hours drive, not loads of miles but no major roads so its slow going.

Quote 2hours round trip, then if I get the job 2hours round trip. I wouldnt mind this as I can price accordingly but going to call and cancel tomorrow as any minor call back is another two hours.

How far in miles or time would you travel?

For a boiler change, 1 1/2 hours is probably the furthest I would like to go. Depends on if its a recommendation from an existing customer or an existing customer with another property etc.

Did a pool boiler install a gew years back near Aberdeen.
8 hours each way!

an hour would be the absolute limit and only if was for existing customer, or family

Yeah but you spent a week and a bit....

Was only a tap washer too :biggrinjester:

Shush

i have your number aswell now, more than willing to go into a pink club and write it on a cubicle door!

Do initial "client interview" over phone , then if promising arrange a visit . Best trick is to offer to come and service or repair old boiler ( if no parts req) for £55 . If they good and will get new boiler you mess around and then suck in through teeth fix boiler but normally turns into a sale.

If boiler is a no go or an ID still charge, offer to refund off cost of new one, you get paid a little for drive and then as you are offering their money back your their friend and get 75. % of jobs .

If really local offer to send engineer foc then price repair but sell new one .

If they don't buy newone, we keep two kitchens direct sales men in every van . Sale 100% of time at 200 % of original quote. #roguetraders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How far do you travel to quote/work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock