Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss How much does this work cost?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jm123

Morning All,

I've got to get some work done on my house and i've been quoted just under £600 (not incl. VAT) for the work to be done and, being a self employed shop fitter, money's tight at the moment.

In a nutshell, the rads aren't heating up and in order to sort this out i've been told that i need a new exchange 3 way diverter valve, new exchange pump, the central heating system needs to be re-wired as there's no permanent live to the boiler and then the system needs powerflushing to remove any sludge deposits.

Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

i recon you're looking at £250-300 for the flush then £100 plus parts for the pump and three way valve then £150 to re-wire the heating system. decent pump and three way probably in region of £160 at least. how old is the system?

I've no idea, i bought the place 8 years ago and it was already in. I don't think it's 'ancient' though.

Thanks for this, much appreciated.

Price sounds about right for that work but why do you need a permanent live to the boiler if it's worked OK without one before. Is the 3 port faulty? Is the pump faulty? Are you getting hot water OK? If you are then I'd put it down to a faulty 3 port microswitch. In any case a permanent live to the bioler does not warrant a rewire all it takes is 3 core and earth flex (hr) 1 switched live (heating or hot water call) 1 return (neutral) 1 permanent live and earth.

Which boiler is it ? Pretty difficult to determine anything without some basic info.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of larger companies would charge you that amount just for the powerflush! Sounds like a fair price to me.

permament live needed for the pump overun, but why none before? maybe the pump overun didnt work?

It sounds like to me you need to double check what the problem is:

Unless the pump or motorised valve is faulty, they dont need replacing. Also a 'power flush' is not likely to solve your problem, unless it has been diagnosed as such. Price sounds ok, just the work sounds like guess work to me . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How much does this work cost?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock