Currently reading:
How much does this work cost??

Discuss How much does this work cost?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jm123

Morning All,

I've got to get some work done on my house and i've been quoted just under £600 (not incl. VAT) for the work to be done and, being a self employed shop fitter, money's tight at the moment.

In a nutshell, the rads aren't heating up and in order to sort this out i've been told that i need a new exchange 3 way diverter valve, new exchange pump, the central heating system needs to be re-wired as there's no permanent live to the boiler and then the system needs powerflushing to remove any sludge deposits.

Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

i recon you're looking at £250-300 for the flush then £100 plus parts for the pump and three way valve then £150 to re-wire the heating system. decent pump and three way probably in region of £160 at least. how old is the system?

I've no idea, i bought the place 8 years ago and it was already in. I don't think it's 'ancient' though.

Thanks for this, much appreciated.

Price sounds about right for that work but why do you need a permanent live to the boiler if it's worked OK without one before. Is the 3 port faulty? Is the pump faulty? Are you getting hot water OK? If you are then I'd put it down to a faulty 3 port microswitch. In any case a permanent live to the bioler does not warrant a rewire all it takes is 3 core and earth flex (hr) 1 switched live (heating or hot water call) 1 return (neutral) 1 permanent live and earth.

Which boiler is it ? Pretty difficult to determine anything without some basic info.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of larger companies would charge you that amount just for the powerflush! Sounds like a fair price to me.

It sounds like to me you need to double check what the problem is:

Unless the pump or motorised valve is faulty, they dont need replacing. Also a 'power flush' is not likely to solve your problem, unless it has been diagnosed as such. Price sounds ok, just the work sounds like guess work to me . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How much does this work cost?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock