Discuss How to break into your van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumben

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
As mentioned in another thread, this is how easy it is to get into some vans

traffic/vivaro/primstar- pull the handle off pull the wire in the door
Vauxhall combo- smash the back lock in with a hammer and screwdriver pops the door open
Ford transit- cable in the back door jam, cut with hacksaw blade unlocks all doors (might be the same for most vans)
Mercedes vans with the horizontal handle (any van with same handle) smash screwdriver in the top just above the lock opens the door
Mercedes sprinter - pull the door rubber (that shops it hitting the side of the van ) off and you can cut the wire to the lock

Last edited:
Lets be honest, if a scumbag wants in your van he's going to get in. Alarms and deadlocks can delay the scrotums but if they're determined...

The transit comes fitted with a metal plate to stop that happening whilst it's still possible its a lot harder to do.

Youll never stop someone who wants to get in all you can do is make it as difficult to do as possible and hope they get caught in the act. These days thief's will drive off in your van empty it and dump the van. On average I'd say we carry around 2-3k street value of tools and materials at any one time the kit to drive your van off cost about ÂŁ600 not a bad return on investment after a weeks take

So, what are the best locks to use? Anyone got the purple ones British gas use. They look quite nifty. Definitely need mine doing as all I have is an alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to break into your van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock