Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss How to calculate heating system capacity for expansion tank in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello want to know on how do you calculate size of expansion tank for closed heating systems . for example 500 meters of 16mm underfloor heating and 4 double ~1000mm radiators , hot water cylinder coil , and oil boiler

Work out how many litres are in the ufh pipe the manufacturer should have 1m of 16mm pipe holds x amount of water

Rads 1l per rad

1 L for your cylinder and boiler

I think 16mm UFH pipe is 12mm ID so 500M = 56L, boiler+cyl coil, 30L, 4 rads, 40L, total 131L plus 10% for the cat = 144L, suggest a 15L EV or nearest.

Reply to How to calculate heating system capacity for expansion tank in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have just installed a vented McDonald 250L thermal store, it is for multi fuel but currently just connected to a standard oil boiler in...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock