Search the forum,

Discuss how to split the soil vent pipe add a new toilet piece and make good in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

angellonewolf

a bit later on in the year i will be installing a on suite on the main bedroom and will have to pull apart the soil pipe to add in another hole a bit lower down and run a pipe across the down stairs ceiling in the middle of the house to the existing stack how do you pull the pipe apart with out desturbing the vent bit on the roof or if i have to pull apart will i need to get on the roof and remove the vent part first ?

thanks angel

Just cut a section out below and use a slip coupling to replace it, this way you don't have to move anything above or below.

thanks for that how much drop will i need over aprox 3 meters

if you need to put another toilet waste then you'll need to fit a branch thus pulling up so maybe disturbing the flashing around the roof part. if its just basin/ bath wastes you can boss it in. good skills for starting another thread btw.

will need a branch as will be putting in toilet shower and aa small hand basin

on the other hand when my otherhalf goes to the toilet it might be better to let her go outside lol

will i need an air valve there as it ads far away from the main soil pipe or any more thing i need to know as in the amount of drop needed for a 3 meter run to the branch ?

3 inches of drop roughly if its an internal plastic stack i would used a fernco rubber coupling as your slip coupling

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to how to split the soil vent pipe add a new toilet piece and make good in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi - I'm not an expert but wondered if anyone might be able to assist. I've replaced an old toilet with a new one. I've used the same water inlet pipe, and have just replaced the right angled soil pipe connecter (110 at toilet end to a 97-107 connector end to existing soil pipe). It's secured...
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind toilet. There's a concrete patio outside the bathroom, that extends about 10 feet from the wall. I'm considering adding an ADU in the back yard, and it...
Replies
Views
Hi firstly no expert so apologies in advance but have a little bit of knowledge ( sometimes dangerous I know, lol) The wife is wanting to change the house around a bit, refurbishing old en-suite which is at front of house but does not have a toilet at the moment, so obviously would like one. So...
Replies
Views
D
Hi there I have an existing soil stack on the side of my house. I have extended the house by building a loft. The loft company ran the waste from the loft over the roof straight into (i.e. closing off) what was the soil pipe - and added an AAV at loft level. However now I am reroofing and...
Replies
Views
D
Options needed for Soil Pipe/Toilet fitting. Hi Everyone. - I'm planning a bathroom remodel, and my wife would like a solution that covers the soil pipe up if possible. However, the toilet pipe sticks out from the wall 23cm, and raises from the floor to the mid point of the pipe 21cm. The...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock