Discuss HRM Wallstar Oil Boiler - Advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

With all the parts you've had engineers randomly change you could of bought a new burner. That's another option, many decent engineers have spare burners for problem child situations like this. Maybe if they have a sound Sterling that could be fitted for a week, at least then you'll know if it's a fuel or burner problem. If that's not an option then they need to go through what I've said to rule out possibilities. If I attended and couldn't find the fault first time, after replacing the pump as you said was then I shouldn't be charging you for return visits

left heating engineer a voicemail on Monday morning and tried ringing him during the week. Not heard anything. Haven’t paid anything yet so I know he’ll get back at some point.
Boiler still playing up.
Yesterday morning it wouldn’t start, tried several times ended up bleeding oil line and it started.
Yesterday afternoon wouldn’t start, again tried several times. Tried bleeding oil line again but still wouldn’t start even with 2 inch air bubble. Left it 10mins and it started.

The pump has recently been replaced and I'm assuming the coupling along with it and seeing as it's the same problem before and after I'd suspect neither are the issue. Obviously all air needs to be removed from the pump for reliable ignition, a gauge usually fluctuates with air in pump. The motor is running and assuming the coil is sound and clicks then atomization of fuel at nozzle needs to be checked along with spark. If the pump is producing operating pressure and coil opens but no fuel out of nozzle then it could be a dodgy nozzle, a blocked/partially blocked HP line or a dodgy NRV (although I'm not sure if the Sterling has one). If you have neat fuel out of nozzle next check is spark.

Never did get to the bottom of this issue.

Decided rather than spend/waste money on trying to fix it.

We’ve gone down the route of having a new boiler, I purchased Worcester Greenstar heatslave II through staff discount scheme we have where I work and then paid an accredited Worcester installer to install and commission boiler.

It’s been installed 11 days and no problems at all. Starts every time and we now have constant hot water.

Thanks for updating us. Im sorry to hear you made that decision, although it does suggest the problem was never fuel related and was within the burner, unless the installer rectified a proper when installing.
Not a fan of combi boilers personally but if I remember correctly there's just the two of you and they are decent boilers.

Again thanks for updating us.

Many thanks, Simon

Thanks for updating us. Im sorry to hear you made that decision, although it does suggest the problem was never fuel related and was within the burner, unless the installer rectified a proper when installing.
Not a fan of combi boilers personally but if I remember correctly there's just the two of you and they are decent boilers.

Again thanks for updating us.

Many thanks, Simon

Hiya, only things that have changed regarding the fueling are that the boiler is now sat on the floor rather than it being in the wall so that the pump doesn’t have to lift the oil up and the fire valve has been replaced with new one instead of the HRM version with non return valve. The installer let me take off all the parts that had been replaced, which I thought was decent of him as he could have kept them and used them.

I think we will use less oil especially during the summer as both of us are at work and we have boiler set to only come on in morning and evening to give us hot water When we need it, instead of it being on all the time and keeping the heatslave tank at constant temp.
Thanks for all your help.

Reply to HRM Wallstar Oil Boiler - Advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered...
Replies
Views
Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame...
Replies
Views
Hi My oil boiler keeps locking out after running for 30/40 minutes! I then try to reset it but it won’t fire back up! I have to leave it for...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Vokera 15 vhe boiler and all has been running well for the last 6 months since moving in up until a few weeks a go. Boiler throws up...
Replies
Views
Hi We have a vented oil-fired heating system with a coal fire back boiler, this is going to be changed to a sealed pressurized system tomorrow and...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back