Search the forum,

Discuss I feel for all the flood victims up there............. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lame plumber

Looks like their misery is never ending, RNLI flood rescue teams have been put on alert to turn out Xmas and boxing day, so muggins may be duty mechanic as our full time lad may be missing his turkey!!!!!!!!!!!

3 times in less than 10 days. Been on the local news. Absolutely devastating and no respite. Put a load down overnight, more over the weekend and worse to come for end of next week.

Not sure I follow the end bit of Lame`s post but yeah deffo feel the poor souls.

the full time paid mechanic is on the flood rescue team, if he pokes off someone else has to cover for him. If they go it will be early xmas day :) I c a n d o i t s l o w e r if that helps rpm :)

the full time paid mechanic is on the flood rescue team, if he pokes off someone else has to cover for him. If they go it will be early xmas day :) I c a n d o i t s l o w e r if that helps rpm :)

Normal speed is fine Lame :yawn: Just couldn`t see the connection between North Devon and where the floods are up there unless there is a shortage of mechanics of course.

always a shortage of mechanics, hard to get the right quality and calibre personnel to do the job

still dont know how I got the job.................. :)

Glad you added the last bit, was just about to get the popcorn and pull up a chair while the replies came in to that! lol

Don't think it's going to flood again been to Keswick and cockermouth today rivers are still high

Don't think it's going to flood again been to Keswick and cockermouth today rivers are still high

check out the forecast tomorrow........... big fluffy things ready to drop their load

how many sheep do you know that float around at 15000 feet?

if they get loose quiet a few

add_toon_info.php

you look sea sick just standing there.....................

If I remember correctly I'd been floating in the sea all day being rescued and thrown back in again for people on a safety boat course. I was one of the instructors and drew the short straw. I was freezing my knackers off despite a full length thermal suit, woolly bear and dry bag.

Nowadays when I thinkback I realise I never saw anyone else's straws!

some one of your stature cant do anything but draw the short one.............. probably down to the lickle arms................... ooooooooooooooooooooooh cant help myself :)

And to think we all moan about nothing really to what these poor souls have had to endure with little respite ...we sometimes need to step back and see how lucky we really are Turnpin

think johns trying to work out how to get back in after he steps of the rock.lol

My mate lives in Cockermouth, we spoke over the phone yesterday and it horrible is how he described it

What riles me in these times ..and correct me if I'm wrong where is the help from our so called common market or should I say EEC partners offers of support for these poor souls whose lives have been turned upside down....yet we always seem to be first in line to dish out aid to other countrie's .......rant over...Turnpin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I feel for all the flood victims up there............. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/12/the-heat-pump-farce-has-finally-been-exposed/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr I realise not...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I 'think' I've found a cheap solution to fulfilling all of my family's heat automation needs using Terrier i30 TRVs (eTRVs that have...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Article
Happy Christmas From PlumbersForums.net! We would like to wish all our members, new and old, a very happy Festive Season! Thanks for sticking...
Replies
Views
Evening lads/lassies I'm not sure if this is allowed in here......If not please delete. I am running a small company - 5 lads (3 tradesmen, 1...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock