Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss I'd like to thank the papers and the government in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Jackson

For stirring about the possibility of a tanker strike which is inducing the public into panic buying.

I need to fill up my WORK vehicle with diesel this morning and will probably now have to queue behind a bunch of wrinklies who have nothing better to do than waste my time by topping up their almost full fuel tanks.

EXTRA EXTRA.........tanker drivers to go on strike, Gov, to bring in the Army.......extra extra Army cuts, no drivers to drive the tankers!!

this country is a joke!

Queues off the forecourts round here this morning... Mostly made up of big shiny 4x4s with Mummy and her one darling child doing the 500 yard school run.
However will they survive without that extra tenners worth of fuel?
Surely they won't have to leave the car at home and walk the whole 500 yards?!?!?!

Now as much as everyone will put all the blame on the govenment and the media (rightly so to a large extent), everyone seems to forget that it is the lack of common sense with the majority of these muppets doing exactly what Johnny Media in his shiny TV presenters suit is telling them to do instead of applying a spot of logical thought and simply not buying in to the hype / induced panic.
Basically, much of the population of this fair and pleasant land are clinical morons.

Having a good today as you can probably tell.

How on earth did we win (albeit not on our own) 2 world wars?

I can't believe how pathetic WE as a nation are! it snows panic buy bread and milk, a whiff of a fuel strike and well enough said.

Now there advising jerry cans, thats all we need, some geriatric 80 year old that shouldn't be on the road stock piling fuel in his garage to get himself to the chemist once a week to get his repeat prescription.

OR some idiot of a Mum in a BMW X5 doing the school run needing to stock pile fuel....

my kids twins 8 , lad 9 and girl 11 - all walk to school come rain or shine good half a mile each way

I've watched one young lady load the sprogs into a volvo 4 x 4 reverse it off the drive drive about 600 yards drop them off and then drive home......... took longer to load them than drive them!

I've watched one young lady load the sprogs into a volvo 4 x 4 reverse it off the drive drive about 600 yards drop them off and then drive home......... took longer to load them than drive them!

its more of a status thing i recon "look i can drive and have a car"

Sack the lot of 'em!!

We could make a saving. I think the fuel lorry drivers are on £45k. Army personnel are on around £25k. Use army to deliver fuel and save £20k per driver. Who knows, this might even drop fuel prices?

Bet it took her longer to reverse it out tho!!! (Or is that sexist?!)

Well I had to queue briefly but not for too long fortunately. Wasted about 15 minutes and when I spoke to the cashier she told me that Morrisons tanker drivers won't be going on strike anyway.

The government are laughing there heads off, All those people who only put £10 a time in now filling up there cars and even jerry cans aswell a nice big boost in tax for them.

Sack the lot of 'em!!

We could make a saving. I think the fuel lorry drivers are on £45k. Army personnel are on around £25k. Use army to deliver fuel and save £20k per driver. Who knows, this might even drop fuel prices?

There on 45k thats it i'm changing jobs.

Just reminds me of the reaction by many to the one day a year that ASDA and Tesco's are closed. Mums and Dads struggling out of the stores with two or three trollies stacked to the gunwales with enough supplies to last an army a week - all because ASDA and/or Tesco "is shut all day tomorrow".

Just reminds me of the reaction by many to the one day a year that ASDA and Tesco's are closed. Mums and Dads struggling out of the stores with two or three trollies stacked to the gunwales with enough supplies to last an army a week - all because ASDA and/or Tesco "is shut all day tomorrow".

There shut for a day, can't type any more need to go shopping............................

Train divers will be next. (starting salary £36k rising to £48k per year).

All the stations round here are out of fuel - flippin' ridiculous.

Glad I filled the van yesterday ;)

I've not filled it in a week. Less than a quarter full. Can't be bothered. If it runs out I'll go to sleep. Someone wake me up when there's fuel available again.

It IS the fault of this government. At least 3 different UK cabinet ministers have appeared on tv telling us that if we have a third of a tank, we should top up with same again. They've encouraged panic buying.

Bread will be next as no fuel, no drivers and no supplies of it. I've got a big freezer so there, ha, ha.

This month, I have bought extra fuel, stocked up on stamps before they go up in price, filled up several large buckets of water and now i feel safe for any problem, however on my way home I got a flat tyre and i cant afford to go and get it fixed.

I believe we ought to get the government to ORDER tanker drivers to go on strike for one week from next Friday (Good Friday).

Between now and then every single motor vehicle will have its tank full of fuel. Every single filling station will have had all its tanks refilled to brimming. This means that there will be gazillions of litres of fuel sloshing around the country so we don't need tanker drivers for that week!

Take their salaries (tax and NIC inclusive, of course) and give it to our politicians as a bonus for the angst they suffered having to tell the truth during television interviews this week!

And with immaculate timing, cue this story:

A woman has accidentally set fire to herself after transferring petrol in her home, while the union representing tanker drivers rules out the threat of Easter strikes in the ongoing fiasco over fuel.
The woman, in her 40s, suffered 40% burns and was taken to hospital after the petrol caught fire in the kitchen of her home in York.

She was attempting to decant the fuel from one container to another using a jug, North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said.

It gets better ...

The petrol ignited because she was using her gas cooker at the time, the fire service added.

Naturally, we have to blame someone in today's society:

It comes two days after Cabinet Office minister Francis Maude told Sky News that people should avoid petrol shortages by putting extra fuel in a jerrycan in the garage .

And with immaculate timing, cue this story:

A woman has accidentally set fire to herself after transferring petrol in her home, while the union representing tanker drivers rules out the threat of Easter strikes in the ongoing fiasco over fuel.
The woman, in her 40s, suffered 40% burns and was taken to hospital after the petrol caught fire in the kitchen of her home in York.

She was attempting to decant the fuel from one container to another using a jug, North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said.

It gets better ...

The petrol ignited because she was using her gas cooker at the time, the fire service added.

Naturally, we have to blame someone in today's society:

It comes two days after Cabinet Office minister Francis Maude told Sky News that people should avoid petrol shortages by putting extra fuel in a jerrycan in the garage .

And, of course, when she turns up at hospital they will treat her burns using our taxpayer pounds instead of making her pay for the treatment, for her own stupidity - then she might remember, in future, that she shouldn't decant petrol in a small room with the cooker working!

Of course the queues at petrol stations would be a lot shorter if women realised that the petrol hose WILL go round to the other side of the car...!!

can we all go on strike, then people will actually get things fixed before it breaks completely, the amount of homes I have been to and they say its been dodgy for weeks/ months. well why didnt you get it fixed then?

If we go on strike then everybody will have to get their plumbing fixed before the strike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I'd like to thank the papers and the government in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock