Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal FF330/350 open vent dripping into small header tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mrhaynes00

Hi - the open vent is constantly dripping into the small header. I can not see a pressure gauge in the system and suspect the following:

a. the coil in the immersion tank has split
b. the PRV is faulty
c. the big guy upstairs has it in for me

Any thoughts or resolves would be muchly appreciated. Just lost my job so make it a low cost fix please!!

Mark

If you have a small tank and an open vent above it then you won't have a prv.

Hello Mark, welcome to the forum.
the low cost option is simple, do nothing ( not recommended )
option A seems the most plausible.
is the cold feed tank for the hw cylinder higher than the ch f+e tank??

you could test it to confirm the coil is at fault, a simple test could be to:-
overnight turn of the supply to the cold feed tank, mark the level check if it goes down ( this will only work if you don't use the hot water at the same time! )
or bung the cold feed to the hw cylinder and see what happens.

Hi Simon and Thanks.

The feed to the big tank in the loft is higher than for the smaller one.

The (what looks like the cylinder vent) drips into the smaller tank.

If I turn of the CW feed to the big tank (I think this is what you are suggesting) - to test the coil - what should I be looking for?

The external overflo runs at anything from a regular trip to a constant drizzle at about 5L per hour.

When the CH fires up and thr pump runs, the drips stop for about 30-60 seconds. (pump on No. 2). Then it reverts to a drizzle.

What am I looking for to confirm the coils is faulty?

Does this signal the need for a nre HW cylinder?

Thanks again in advance - Mark - V poor, S.Yorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal FF330/350 open vent dripping into small header tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original heating installed when the house was built, and this revision was largely to replace a life-expired boiler: non-condensing fan flue boiler open...
Replies
Views
So...got called to this earlier on, the install looks a bitnof a mess but looking past that the system seems like quite a simple setup though i am failing to find a schematic for this particular type of thermal store where we have 4 immersers which all on would be producing 12kw and an open...
Replies
Views
Two years ago, I requested a fully qualified plumber to change the location of the hot water cylinder in a vented central heating system. I wanted to move it from the first floor to the loft, which he did. During the last two years, I have often noticed when I have been up in the loft that the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Hoping you can help me out. We had building work last summer and added a few radiators on both ground first floor. We also replaced our vented hot water system with an unvented hot water system but the heating remains open with a small F&E tank in the loft. Since the works, when the...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Looking for a simple solution for a header tank for a solid fuel stove, open vented, pumped central heating system. Would like tank to be opaque, so level of coolant can be checked, obviously good for high temps (100deg plus?) roughly 2l capacity, and to have an overflow connection...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock