Discuss Ideal Log Vogue C26 Efficiency in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

Having recently checked the efficiency level on my boiler, its giving me 43% high efficiency and 57% Super efficiency - I do not recall the readings last year, but it does appear considerably lower than previous checks. Are there any triggers for this to decrease which are "quick wins" to increase?

Regards

What’s the flow temp set to ?

That efficiency index is, I would think, a relative efficiency, theoretically, if the boiler flue gas temperature was (impossibly) as low as the fan air intake temperature then that efficiency would probably read 100%. Flue gas temperatures which in turn reflect the boiler (water) return temperature are rarely below ~50/70C.
You have a very high boiler flow temp of 80C and if you reduce this to say 65C you will/should see that efficiency increasing as the boiler return/flue gas temperatures will be lower.

The few point of natural gas flue gases starts around 55°c. The return temperature needs to be at that or lower for condensing to even start. Problem is what do you turn the flow temperature down to to start this condensing? Especially when the rads may be sized for ΔT 50.

Reply to Ideal Log Vogue C26 Efficiency in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock