Discuss Ideal vogue maxc32 efficiency level in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

D

D robinson

Had a new ideal vogue max c32 boiler fitted. The programmer has an “efficiency level” button that says it’s around 9-14%. That seems low.”, worried it’s installed incorrectly

Anyone have same issue?

Temperature the heating is set to 70?

Temperature the heating is set to 70?
I know where you’re heading with this mate but 9-14% seems an unrealistic figure. Even non condensing boilers had efficiencies of over 80%.
I’d say either the programmer is wrong or somehow virtually all the heat is lost up the flue?
I’ve seen similar on oil boilers with missing baffles but not around 9-14%.

Your values are the ones displayed by the boiler on its LCD screen? If so, values in the range 9-14% are well below spec and indicate a problem with the boiler or its installation. Contact your installer so they can check their work and/or get Ideal to come and sort out the boiler under warranty.

Someone should ring Ideal and ask them what is this efficiency based on, even their boilers that appear to be running "normally" only seen to give 60/70% so clearly not efficiency as we understand it?.

I've just checked my Vogue Max System Boiler 26, been in for 2 years, has efficiency reading at 18%... I've always wondered why my gas use was high and now wondering if its something to do with the boiler. (temp set to 70c, have HW tank and CH).

Has anyone else checked their efficiency level on an Ideal Vogue?

Reply to Ideal vogue maxc32 efficiency level in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
I’ve had an Ideal Vogue 32max/gen2 system boiler to a Megaflo fitted a week and running it at Flow temp 73 degrees to getting a return temp of...
Replies
Views
G
Got an Ideal Vogue 40 Max When its running in the early hours of the morning between 1am and 5am its as quiet as a mouse no issues, when its on...
Replies
Views
Gaz the signman
G
Hey folks, I'm wondering if someone could possibly help, I'm looking for a possible part number b4 I call ideal in the morning, I fitted an...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello all, At the start of the year I had a 32 Ideal Vogue Max fitted and all was well, it's working fine. Problem is, I was getting floors done...
Replies
Views
It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock