Discuss Immediately dangerous in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

no1keeper

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have a link to the gas safety regulations with regards to condemning a boiler as it is immediately dangerous and capping the gas supply?.....the problem is that i have had an engineer go to an appliance,label it immediately dangerous but all he did was close the gas valve and turn the heating switch off...The customer gave him permission to disconnect but he didn't??...The customer could have turned the heater back on at any time.

To be honest i am trying to nail this guy as he is totally incompetent and this is probably the best way to get rid of him through gross misconduct.

Many thanks

What did he say was up with it if you want an informed answer?

or ring Gas safe register and they will come out to inspect the job impartially,if he has been incompetant they will deal with him through there procedures!They can issue notices to put things right or even serve prohibition notice to exclude them from carrying out gas work!

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a high level warm air heater which has correctly installed pipework to the heater and then a legal flexible gas hose from the pipework onto the heater (in case of natural heater movement).... He condemned it because the flex hose came off the pipework and entered the casing of the unit and then onto the gas valve.
I have checked with the manufacturer and this is NOT an ID situation.......but what i am getting at is IF it had been ID then he failed in his duty of care.

It is a high level warm air heater which has correctly installed pipework to the heater and then a legal flexible gas hose from the pipework onto the heater (in case of natural heater movement).... He condemned it because the flex hose came off the pipework and entered the casing of the unit and then onto the gas valve.
I have checked with the manufacturer and this is NOT an ID situation.......but what i am getting at is IF it had been ID then he failed in his duty of care.

Flexi pipe on a gas installation??????????

If it was an at risk situation, which it sounds like to me, then he only needs to issue a warning notice and correctly completed ID/AR/NCS form to the customer and then turn the appliance off.

So its not a RIDDOR reportable situation from the sounds of it.

I could be wrong though I have been told on several occasions that classifying an appliance as WORSE than it is, is frowned upon much less than classifying an applicance as ok when its in fact ID (eg/ if it was classed as NCS but was actually ID)

Last edited:
Flexi pipe on a gas installation??????????

If it was an at risk situation, which it sounds like to me, then he only needs to issue a warning notice and correctly completed ID/AR/NCS form to the customer and then turn the applicance off.

So its not a RIDDOR reportable situation from the sounds of it.

I could be wrong though I have been told on several occasions that classifying an appliance as WORSE than it is, is frowned upon much less than classifying an applicance as ok when its in fact ID (eg/ if it was classed as NCS but was actually ID)

High level suspended gas heaters have to by law be fitted with a flexible gas hose;)

Iam only domestic too,but as u say wrong procedure for an ID situation let gas safe deal with it even if they dont consider action it will be marked aginst him as a complaint for being over zelous.
why do u think he did it?
too get out of doing job or an oppertunity to charge for more work.
No excuse really if i was posed with a situation i wasnt clear about id use GSR tech help, that is what its therefore.
sorry i cant be of any more help!

commercial instalations are totally different to domestic.
you do not have to cap off the installation or appliance.
it just needs to be turned off and dosnt need isolating.
sounds absurd to me but thats what happens.
called transco out to a leaking gas metre on commercial installation. the bottom of meter was rusted to hell and leaking gas like a good one. they came within the hour as promised, looked, turned of ecv. stuck an id label on and left.
i rang up immediately and requested confirmation of this procedure. since then have had two more, and that was the same response.
needless to say i trotted off to merchants bought back my own 2" plug and capped it myself!
crazy reg.

called transco out to a leaking gas metre on commercial installation. the bottom of meter was rusted to hell and leaking gas like a good one. they came within the hour as promised, looked, turned of ecv. stuck an id label on and left.
i rang up immediately and requested confirmation of this procedure. since then have had two more, and that was the same response.
needless to say i trotted off to merchants bought back my own 2" plug and capped it myself!

if you bought and fitted the cap you must be registered to do so, why didnt you know the reg, stupid reg or not? i call some of the domestic regs stupid but i know them and how to apply them

crazy reg.

That is unbelievable.....how can not have to cap off an ID appliance?....these gas regs get more and more ambiguous every week!!....This is probably why i couldn't find anything in writing as to the correct procedure then :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Immediately dangerous in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock